Sony TV’s latest show ‘Pehredaar Piya Ki’ starring ‘Swaragini’ fame Tejasswi Prakash in lead role has been facing a lot of flak online ever since the promo went on-air. The serial showcases how an 18 year old girl marries a 10 year old kid to protect him from the world.
The show become the most controversial TV shows in recent times. In the latest announcement, BCCC has asked the broadcasting channel Sony to move the show to the 10 pm slot from its current 8.30 pm, and even run it with a disclaimer scroll saying it doesn’t promote child marriage.
In the show actress Tejaswi Wayangankar is portraying the lead character of Diya opposite 10-year-old child artist Afaan Khan. Do you know who is Tejaswi and how old she is? Well, today we bring some untold facts about the actress which we bet you didn’t about her:
1.Tejaswi Prakash Wayangankar was born on 10, June 1992 in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. In the show she is portraying the character of 18-year-old Diya but in reality Tejaswi is 25 year old.
2. Tejaswi was born and brought up in a musical family—her father, Prakash Wayangankar is a singer by profession.
3. Tejaswi has graduated in Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering from Mumbai University in 2015.
4. Like her father Tejaswi also love music. Wayangankar has always had a passion for music, singing and acting.
5. Tejaswi started her career in 2012. She started working on Indian TV with her first show 2613 in 2012. played the role of Rashmi Raju Bhargava in Life OK’s 2612/2613. The show was aimed at awakening the people of Mumbai, which was hit by a terror attack in 2008.[ecp code=”4″]
6. Tejaswi rose the fame for the role of Dhara in Colors’ TV show “Sanskaar-Dharohar Apno ka”. She was seen opposite Jay Soni in this show.
7. She was then aproached for Ragini’s role in “Swaragini” which was her major turning point. Along with Tejaswi, the show starred Helly Shah, Varun Kapoor and Namish Taneja in lead roles. Tejaswi has played the negative role of Ragini in the series.
8. Tejaswi’s father has ensured that Tejaswi quite literally begins her day with music. He has even changed her alarm tone to the tune of her sitar which she practices during rehearsal time.
9. Tejaswi is a huge fan of Himesh Reshammiya and is now a very good friend of Himesh.
10. She is portraying the role of Diya Ratan Singh on ‘Pehredaar Piya Ki’. The story of an unusual marriage between a 10-year-old boy, Ratan Harshvardhan Singh (Afaan Khan) and an 18-year-old girl, Diya (Tejaswi). The show has been making headlines for all the wrong reasons, even before it aired on television.
Broadcasting Content Complaints Council (BCCC) asked Sony, the channel airing it, to shift the time slot of the show from 8.30 pm to 10 pm. They have also asked the makers to run a disclaimer that the show doesn’t promote child marriage. Interestingly, the show will also witness a 12-year time leap and many are of the opinion that this is a disaster management step on part of the makers to put an end to the criticism of the show.