The most talked about Bollywood couple today is indubitably that of Saif Ali Khan and his gorgeous wife, Kareena Kapoor Khan. With the addition of a new family member to their family in the form of the super cute Taimur Ali Khan, this couple is often seen grabbing the limelight.
Though Saif’s career didn’t help much to fetch him a top spot in the media, his married life managed to compensate for it. A few years prior to his second marriage with Bebo, Saif was all over the news for his divorce with his first wife, Amrita Singh. Saif and Amrita were an unusual couple and as expected, their marriage couldn’t last very long; they divorced after 13 years and have two kids from their marriage – Ibrahim and Sara.
Though much has been said and heard about this divorce, very little is known about their marriage. So here we are today with some rare facts about Saif Ali Khan and Amrita Singh’s marriage that not many of you might be aware of.
1. Saif and Amrita struck a chord on the sets of Rahul Ruwail’s film where Amrita’s beauty charmed the Nawaab in no time
2. Saif’s parents were against their marriage due to the huge age difference between the duo
Amrita is 12 years elder to Saif and their pair seemed unfit for marriage.
3. Amrita converted to Islam and the duo married in October 1991
4. Amrita gave up her career for the sake of marriage
Amrita was a successful actor when she tied the knot with Saif while the latter was still in his struggling days. However, she gave up her Bollywood career to become a home maker.
5. Divorced in 2004 after 13 years of marriage
The couple called it quits after 13 years of marriage. The reason stated for their divorce was Saif’s infidelity.
6. Amrita resumed her career after divorce
She took up random roles in order to make a place for herself in the industry again and maintain her lifestyle.
7. Amrita remained obscure when Saif and Kareena’s marriage was announced
8. The couple don’t interfere in each other’s life anymore
9. Saif and Amrita’s kids have developed a good bonding with Kareena
10. Their kids can be spotted hanging out with their parents on certain occasions