TV actor Karan Oberoi who was arrested for allegedly raping and blackmailing a woman has received bail from the Bombay High Court and he is back home.
Now, according to latest reports, Karan Oberoi’s rape accuser has now surrender her two cellphones to Oshiwara police on Monday.
Karan Oberoi’s rape accuser surrenders her phones
Now, questioning the delayed police action, Oberoi’s lawyer, Dinesh Tiwari, told ETimes, “It is extremely surprising how police probed without seizing her phones, despite a strong reprimand from HC on June 7 during Oberoi’s bail hearing. They allowed three days to pass before seizing the phones. Every passing moment leaves the possibility for (the woman) to destroy data (on her phones).
Tiwari further added, “In fact, right from the beginning, we have been asking police by way of legal notices and applications filed in court to take charge of the mobile phones of the complainant, which they did not do for reasons best known to them.”
During Oberoi’s bail hearing, the HC asked the investigating officer of the Oshiwara police station why no action had been taken against the woman for “staging her own attack”. “The woman hasn’t yet been arrested in the self-attack case as we are following the legal process. Action will be taken in the next few days,” said a senior police officer.