SS Rajamouli and his cast and crew shot the two Baahubali films for four years. To achieve this without any hiccups, Rajamouli had instructed Prabhas to not sign any film for five years.
And Prabhas, the dedicated actor, didn’t take a single penny from any other filmmaker and didn’t accept any other offer of work; although he was pretty much out of money.
Recently, speaking to NTV Telugu, SS Rajamouli talked about how Prabhas had no money while shooting for his film.
“Prabhas had three consecutive hits and producers kept running after him with money but he only focused on Baahubali. He instructed his manager not to demand anything from producers and take anything they give,” SS Rajamouli said.
“There was a time when he was stressed for money. Producers flooded his house with offers, cash and cheques and sometimes even without asking anything in return. He got scared, called me up and asked what should he do. I told him to get an affidavit done with a statement that this money does not have to do anything with your work. But he denied saying how will he give back this large amount of money if the people ever come back. He had the offer to do an advertisement worth Rs 10 crore. But he refused that too. Prabhas does not know how to lie but he would not even hurt your sentiments for no reason. He does not like to see people hurt,” Rajamouli added.
Baahubali 2: The Beginning released on July 10 two years ago to great fanfare and critical appreciation. The film grossed Rs 650 crore worldwide. Now, just a few days ago on April 28, the sequel Baahubali 2: The Conclusion released and so far it has grossed over Rs 600 crore within just five days of its release.